Updated: Jun 20, 2019
Disclaimer: We're not professional writers, but we do our best! 😂
Our friends and family always ask us how do we travel so often? We figured why not make a blog post for everyone to learn our tips and tricks! Sure, every trip isn't perfectly planned... trust us. 😂 When we started we slept in our cars (we still do), hostels, and airport floors, but one thing you learn quick travelling is how to save $$$!
Top 10 Studio 204 Tips for Travelling
1. Budget before you even plan your trip. Know how much you have to spend and don't go over.
2. Create a game plan for the trip. What you want to do, where you want to go etc..
3. Check flights often, find the best dates to travel and work around that when you can.
4. Check the weather, and be prepared for the location. Cold? Hot? You get it. 🌦
5. BUY GROCERIES - Every trip we can, we buy a camp stove ($30), a cooler ($20) to fill with groceries. Even after buying these items you'll still save $100's per trip. Food adds a huge amount to your final trip cost. When you fly home, donate your items to a shelter. It feels good. 🔥
6. Find a great hotel.. Use sites like Hotwire. We never pay full price. Also, camping saves $$ if you can't find a cheap hotel! Lot's of warm places have amazing campsites. %75 of our trips we have camped one way or another. Pick up a cheap tent ($25), and a sleeping bag (if you don't bring one) ($20).. Both items cost less then 1/2 of one night in a hotel! Walmart will be your friend.
7. Google Maps, Apple Maps, any map app. Use what you trust, and make sure you download the maps before hand if you don't have access to data (cell service) on your trip. Not knowing where you are can be stressful and easily avoidable. Click here to learn how to download offline maps with Google Maps.. LIFE SAVER.. and MONEY SAVER..
8. Memory (Photos, Videos, and Space) Make sure you have lots of space for pictures.. Clear off your camera roll before you travel! Save to the cloud, upload to google photos.. save to your computer.. just make sure you have space. If you have a camera with you make sure you bring memory cards! Nothing worse then having that perfect insta photo ruined by.. your camera roll is full. 😡 AND DON'T FORGET YOUR CHARGERS! Stock up, bring extras. Amazon's got you.
9. Tell your friends and family where you're going. This is super important in case of emergency. It's fun to travel, but always be safe :)!
10. Most importantly, follow your path, follow your dreams and do what makes you happy. If you travel every-time with that mindset, you'll be equipped to have a great time! 😎
Here's some of favourite sites/apps we use to assist on our travels,
www.kiwi.com - Best way to book flights, hands down. We consistently save $100-200 a flight.
www.hotwire.com - Sleeping in your car is fun.. but a nice hotel room is even more fun!!
www.freecampsites.net - Free campsites all over the world! Google the location before you go.
www.kayak.com - We use this for our car rentals. It finds the best price and really helps us save!
www.instagram.com - Look up recent posts where you want to travel, see real world views from people currently in that location! (This is saved us many times!)
Comment below with some of your awesome tips for travelling - we would love to add them to our list.
P.S. - Remember sharing is caring.. if you can split ANYTHING with your co-travellers do it! Everything feels cheaper when you split the cost.. (oh wait.. it is haha! 🎉
Below are some of our recent travel images - where will you go next? 🌎
Thanks so much for checking out our blog! Subscribe above, and stay up to date with new posts. 🙌